We are lawyers for architects who face regulatory issues at the Ontario Association of Architects (“OAA”).
How We Assist Architects
Our team of defence lawyers will assist architects on the following regulatory issues:
- Advising architects on compliance with relevant legislation and standards, including the Architects Act, as well as the OAA’s By-Laws;
- Responding to various inquiries at the OAA, including drafting responses to OAA complaints being investigated by the OAA’s Complaints Committee, which has the power to dismiss a complaint, refer a matter to the Discipline Committee, or require other action as allowed in the Architects Act;
- Defending architects at formal discipline hearings before the Discipline Committee, which hears allegations of professional misconduct against OAA Members, holders of a Certificate of Practice, or holders of a Temporary Licence;
- Representing architects in appeals before the Divisional Court of Ontario; and
- Advising architects on various practice issues, such as licencing issues, performing services in other jurisdictions, and employment/contract issues related to staff and contractors.