We are lawyers for chiropractors who face complaints and other regulatory challenges at the College of Chiropractors of Ontario (“CCO”).
How We Assist Chiropractors
Our team of defence lawyers assists chiropractors with various regulatory issues, including the following:
- Advising chiropractors on issues related to the Regulated Health Professions Act and the Chiropractic Act, 1991, and its Regulations (e.g. Registration, Professional Misconduct, Controlled Acts);
- Working with chiropractors to respond to allegations of professional misconduct at the CCO;
- Assisting chiropractors in CCO registration applications;
- Responding to various inquiries at the College of Chiropractors of Ontario, including drafting responses to patient complaints at the CCO, which are reviewed by a panel of the Inquiries, Complaints, and Reports Committee (“ICRC”);
- Defending chiropractors at CCO discipline hearings;
- Representing chiropractors in appeals before the Health Professions Appeal and Review Board (“HPARB”) (e.g. where a decision of the ICRC has been made);
- Assisting with fitness to practice matters at the CCO;
- Representing chiropractors with matters involving orthotics fraud and insurance delisting issues with insurers;
- Reporting past history, including criminal charges and findings of guilt, to the College of Chiropractors of Ontario; and
- Advising chiropractors on employment and other contract issues related to their staff or practice (e.g. privacy complaints, third party independent chiropractic evaluations, and quality assurance).