We are lawyers for dental technologists who face regulatory issues at the College of Dental Technologists of Ontario (“CDTO”).
How We Assist Dental Technologists
Our team of defence lawyers will assist dental technologists with various regulatory issues, including the following:
- Advising dental technologists on issues related to the Regulated Health Professions Act and the Dental Technology Act, 1991, and its Regulations, including Registration, Professional Misconduct, and Examinations, as well as the College’s Standards of Practice, Guidelines, and Practice Advisories;
- Working with dental technologists to respond to allegations of professional misconduct at the CDTO;
- Responding to various inquiries at the College of Dental Technologists of Ontario, including drafting responses to patient complaints at the CDTO that are reviewed by a panel of the Inquiries, Complaints, and Reports Committee (“ICRC”);
- Defending dental technologists at CDTO discipline hearings;
- Assisting dental technologists with CDTO registration applications;
- Representing dental technologists in CDTO appeals before the Health Professions Appeal and Review Board (“HPARB”) (e.g. where a decision of the ICRC has been made);
- Assisting with CDTO fitness to practice matters;
- Reporting past history, including criminal charges and findings of guilt, to the CDTO; and
- Advising dental technologists on other practice issues that may arise, including quality assurance, employment and contractual issues, unauthorized practice, and privacy and confidentiality.