We are lawyers for denturists who face regulatory and other legal issues at the College of Denturists of Ontario (“CDO”).
How We Assist Denturists
Our team of defence lawyers assists denturists with various regulatory issues, including the following:
- Advising denturists on issues related to the Regulated Health Professions Act and the Denturism Act, 1991, as well as on the CDO’s Standards of Practice and Guidelines;
- Working with denturists to respond to allegations of professional misconduct at the CDO;
- Assisting denturists in CDO registration applications;
- Responding to various inquiries at the College of Denturists of Ontario, including drafting responses to patient complaints at the CDO that are reviewed by a panel of the Inquiries, Complaints, and Reports Committee (“ICRC”);
- Defending denturists at CDO discipline hearings;
- Representing denturists in appeals before the Health Professions Appeal and Review Board (“HPARB”) (e.g. where a decision of the ICRC has been made);
- Assisting with CDO fitness to practice matters;
- Reporting past history, including criminal charges and findings of guilt, to the College of Denturists of Ontario; and
- Advising denturists on employment, quality assurance, and other contract issues related to their practice.