We are lawyers for dietitians who face complaints and other regulatory challenges at the College of Dietitians of Ontario.
How We Assist Dietitians
Our team of defence lawyers will assist dietitians on the following regulatory issues:
- Advising dietitians on issues related to the Regulated Health Professions Act and the Dietetics Act, 1991 and its Regulations, including Professional Misconduct and Funding for Therapy and Counselling;
- Working with dietitians to respond to allegations of professional misconduct at the College of Dietitians of Ontario;
- Responding to various inquiries at the College of Dietitians of Ontario, including drafting responses to patient complaints that are reviewed by a panel of the Inquiries, Complaints, and Reports Committee (“ICRC”);
- Defending dietitians at discipline hearings;
- Assisting dietitians in registration applications;
- Representing dietitians in appeals before the Health Professions Appeal and Review Board (“HPARB”) (e.g. where a decision of the ICRC has been made);
- Assisting dietitians with fitness to practice matters;
- Reporting past history, including criminal charges and findings of guilt, to the College of Dietitians of Ontario; and
- Advising dietitians on issues related to their practice, such as employment and contract issues, quality assurance, and privacy/confidentiality.