We are lawyers for engineers who are regulated by the Professional Engineers of Ontario (“PEO”).
How We Assist Engineers
Our team of defence lawyers will assist engineers on regulatory issues, including the following:
- Advising engineers on compliance with relevant legislation and standards, including the Professional Engineers Act, as well as the PEO’s Practice Guidelines and Performance Standards;
- Responding to various inquiries at PEO, including drafting responses to PEO complaints, which are investigated by the PEO’s Complaints Committee;
- Defending engineers at formal PEO discipline hearings in front of the PEO’s Discipline Committee;
- Representing engineers in PEO appeals before the Divisional Court of Ontario; and
- Advising engineers on various practice issues, such as licencing issues, performance standards, and employment/contract issues related to staff and contractors.