We are lawyers for homeopaths who face complaints and other regulatory challenges at the College of Homeopaths of Ontario.
How We Assist Homeopaths
Our team of defence lawyers will assist homeopaths with the following regulatory issues:
- Advising homeopaths on issues related to the Regulated Health Professions Act and the Homeopathy Act, 2007, and its Regulations, including Professional Misconduct, Quality Assurance, and Registration, as well as the College’s Professional Practice Standards and Guidelines;
- Working with homeopaths to respond to allegations of professional misconduct at the College of Homeopaths of Ontario;
- Responding to various inquiries at the College of Homeopaths of Ontario, including drafting responses to patient complaints that are reviewed by a panel of the Inquiries, Complaints, and Reports Committee (“ICRC”);
- Defending homeopaths at discipline hearings;
- Assisting homeopaths in registration applications;
- Representing homeopaths in appeals before the Health Professions Appeal and Review Board (“HPARB”) (e.g. where a decision of the ICRC has been made);
- Reporting past history, including criminal charges and findings of guilt, to the College of Homeopaths of Ontario; and
- Advising homeopaths on issues related to their practice, such as employment and contract issues, concurrent treatment, dual registration, inter-professional collaboration, and social media.