We are lawyers for kinesiologists who face complaints, investigations, and disciplinary proceedings at the College of Kinesiologists of Ontario (“COKO”).
How We Assist Kinesiologists
Our team of defence lawyers will assist kinesiologists with the following regulatory issues:
- Advising on compliance with the Regulated Health Professions Act, the Kinesiology Act, 2007, and the COKO’s Standards and Resources;
- Assisting kinesiologists with COKO registration applications;
- Responding to various inquiries at the College of Kinesiologists of Ontario, including drafting responses to patient complaints at the COKO that are reviewed by the Inquiries, Complaints, and Reports Committee (“ICRC”);
- Navigating issues related to the COKO’s Quality Assurance Program, including those related to its Self Assessment Guide and Continuing Professional Development Plan, and the Essential Competencies of Practice for Kinesiologists in Ontario;
- Defending kinesiologists at COKO discipline hearings;
- Representing kinesiologists in COKO appeals before the Health Professions Appeal and Review Board (“HPARB”) where a decision of the ICRC has been made;
- Assisting with COKO fitness to practice matters;
- Reporting past history, including criminal charges and findings of guilt, to the COKO; and
- Advising kinesiologists on other practice issues that may arise, including employment and contractual issues, unauthorized practice, and privacy and confidentiality.