We are lawyers for motor vehicle dealers and salespersons who are navigating regulatory issues at the Ontario Motor Vehicle Industry Council (“OMVIC”).
How We Assist Motor Vehicle Dealers and Salespersons
Our team of defence lawyers will assist motor vehicle dealers with various regulatory issues, including the following:
- Advising motor vehicle dealers on compliance with relevant legislation and standards, including the Motor Vehicle Dealers’ Act, 2002, as well as the OMVIC’s Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice;
- Responding to various inquiries at the OMVIC, including drafting responses to OMVIC complaints, which are reviewed by the Registrar of the OMVIC and the Complaints and Inquiries department;
- Defending motor vehicle dealers at discipline hearings before the OMVIC’s Discipline Committee;
- Representing motor vehicle dealers in OMVIC appeals before the Licence Appeal Tribunal; and
- Advising motor vehicle dealers on various practice issues, such as licencing issues, performance standards, and employment/contract issues related to staff and contractors.