We are lawyers for naturopaths who face complaints and other regulatory challenges at the College of Naturopaths of Ontario (“CONO”).
How We Assist Naturopaths
Our team of defence lawyers for naturopaths will assist on the following regulatory issues:
- Advising naturopaths on issues related to the Regulated Health Professions Act and the Naturopathy Act, 2007, and its Regulations, including Professional Misconduct, Quality Assurance, and Registration, as well as the College’s By-Laws;
- Working with naturopaths to respond to allegations of professional misconduct at the College of Naturopaths of Ontario;
- Responding to various inquiries at the College of Naturopaths of Ontario, including drafting responses to patient complaints, which are reviewed by a panel of the Inquiries, Complaints, and Reports Committee (“ICRC”);
- Defending naturopaths at discipline hearings;
- Representing naturopaths in appeals before the Health Professions Appeal and Review Board (“HPARB”) (e.g. where a decision of the ICRC has been made);
- Assisting naturopaths with fitness to practice matters;
- Assisting naturopaths in registration applications;
- Reporting past history, including criminal charges and findings of guilt, to the College of Naturopaths of Ontario; and
- Advising naturopaths on issues related to their practice, such as employment and contract issues, informed consent, and social media.