We are lawyers for optometrists facing regulatory issues at the College of Optometrists of Ontario.
How We Assist Optometrists
Our team of defence lawyers will assist optometrists with various regulatory matters, including the following:
- Responding to various inquiries at the College of Optometrists of Ontario, including drafting responses to patient complaints, which are reviewed by the Inquiries, Complaints, and Reports Committee (“ICRC”) at the College;
- Defending optometrists at discipline hearings;
- Assisting optometrists in registration applications;
- Representing optometrists in appeals before the Health Professions Appeal and Review Board (“HPARB”) (e.g. where a decision of the ICRC has been made);
- Reporting past history, including criminal charges and findings of guilt, to the College of Optometrists of Ontario;
- Advising optometrists on issues related to the Regulated Health Professions Act and the Optometry Act, 1991, as well as the Optometric Reference Guide; and
- Advising optometrists on other practice issues that may arise, including employment and contractual issues, practicing with opticians, mandatory reporting requirements, and Internet dispensing.