We are lawyers for physiotherapists who face complaints and other regulatory challenges at the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario.
How We Assist Physiotherapists
Our team of defence lawyers will assist physiotherapists with the following regulatory issues:
- Advising physiotherapists on issues related to the Regulated Health Professions Act and the Physiotherapy Act, 1991;
- Working with physiotherapists to respond to allegations of professional misconduct at the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario;
- Responding to various inquiries at the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario, including drafting responses to patient complaints, which are reviewed by a panel of the Inquiries, Complaints, and Reports Committee (“ICRC”);
- Assisting physiotherapists in physiotherapy registration applications;
- Defending physiotherapists at discipline hearings at the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario;
- Representing physiotherapists in appeals before the Health Professions Appeal and Review Board (“HPARB”) (e.g. where a decision of the ICRC has been made);
- Assisting physiotherapists with fitness to practice matters;
- Representing physiotherapists with insurance delisting issues with insurers;
- Reporting past history, including criminal charges and findings of guilt, to the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario; and
- Advising physiotherapists on employment, quality assurance, and other contract issues related to their staff or practice (e.g. privacy breaches, working with physiotherapist assistants).