We are lawyers for podiatrists and chiropodists who face regulatory issues at the College of Chiropodists of Ontario (“COCOO”).
How We Assist Podiatrists and Chiropodists
Our team of defence lawyers represents chiropodists and podiatrists on regulatory issues, including the following:
- Responding to various inquiries at the College of Chiropodists of Ontario, including drafting responses to patient complaints, which are reviewed by the Inquiries, Complaints, and Reports Committee (“ICRC”);
- Defending podiatrists and chiropodists at COCOO discipline hearings;
- Assisting chiropodists in COCOO registration applications;
- Representing podiatrists and chiropodists in appeals before the Health Professions Appeal and Review Board (“HPARB”) (e.g. where a decision of the ICRC has been made);
- Advising podiatrists and chiropodists on issues related to the Regulated Health Professions Act and the Chiropody Act, 1991;
- Assisting with COCOO fitness to practice matters;
- Representing podiatrists and chiropodists with matters involving orthotics fraud and insurance delisting issues with insurers;
- Reporting past history, including criminal charges and findings of guilt, to the College of Chiropodists of Ontario; and
- Advising podiatrists and chiropodists on other practice issues that may arise, including employment and contractual issues, registration issues, and consent and privacy issues.