Koziebrocki Law’s practice includes working with registered psychotherapists in navigating regulatory issues at the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (“CRPO”). This includes advising on complaints, investigations and discipline hearings related to the Regulated Health Professions Act and the Psychotherapy Act, 2007, including the Professional Misconduct Regulation, the Quality Assurance Program Regulation, and the Registration Regulation. We will assist psychotherapists with the following regulatory issues:
- Responding to various inquiries at the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario, including drafting responses to complaints that are reviewed by the Inquiries, Complaints and Reports Committee (“ICRC”) at the CRPO;
- Advocating on behalf of psychotherapists at discipline hearings, including those involving sexual abuse allegations where a zero tolerance policy is now in effect;
- Assisting psychotherapists in registration applications;
- Representing psychotherapists in appeals before the Health Professions Appeal and Review Board (“HPARB”) (e.g. where a decision of the ICRC has been made);
- Assisting with fitness to practice matters;
- Reporting past history, including criminal charges and findings of guilt, to the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario; and
- Advising psychotherapists on other practice issues that may arise, including quality assurance, dual practice, fees and billings, practicing out of province, self-referral, record-keeping, and audits of professional liability insurance (“PLI”).