We are lawyers for real estate professionals, including brokers and agents, and work with real estate professionals who are navigating regulatory issues at the Real Estate Council of Ontario (“RECO”) and equivalent provincial bodies.
How We Assist Real Estate Professionals
Our team of defence lawyers will assist real estate professionals on various regulatory matters, including the following:
- Advising real estate professionals on compliance with relevant legislation and standards, including the Real Estate and Business Brokers Act, 2002 (“REBBA 2002”), and its Code of Ethics;
- Responding to various inquiries at RECO, including drafting responses to client complaints at the RECO, which are investigated by the Complaints Committee;
- Defending real estate professionals at formal RECO discipline hearings before the Discipline Committee;
- Representing real estate professionals in court proceedings (e.g. those who breach sections of REBBA 2002 other than the Code of Ethics in the Ontario Court of Justice, or in appeals before the Divisional Court of Ontario); and
- Advising real estate professionals on various practice issues, such as licencing issues, social media and marketing, and privacy/confidentiality.