We are lawyers for respiratory therapists who face complaints, investigations, and disciplinary proceedings at the College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario (“CRTO”).
How We Assist Respiratory Therapists
Our team of defence lawyers will assist respiratory therapists on the following regulatory issues:
- Advising on compliance with the Regulated Health Professions Act, the Respiratory Therapy Act, 1991, and the CRTO’s Standards of Practice and Professional Practice Guidelines;
- Assisting respiratory therapists with CRTO registration applications;
- Responding to various inquiries at the College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario, including drafting responses to patient complaints at the CRTO, which are reviewed by the Inquiries, Complaints, and Reports Committee (“ICRC”);
- Defending respiratory therapists at CRTO discipline hearings;
- Representing respiratory therapists in CRTO appeals before the Health Professions Appeal and Review Board (“HPARB”) (e.g. where a decision of the ICRC has been made);
- Assisting with CRTO fitness to practice matters;
- Reporting past history, including criminal charges and findings of guilt, to the College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario; and
- Advising respiratory therapists on other practice issues that may arise, including quality assurance, employment and contractual issues, unauthorized practice, and privacy and confidentiality.