We are lawyers for social workers and social service workers regulated by the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (“OCSWSSW”).
How We Assist Social Workers
Our team of defence lawyers will assist social workers with various regulatory issues, including the following:
- Advising social workers on compliance with relevant legislation and standards, including the Social Work and Social Service Work Act, 1998, and the Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice Handbook, which have been approved in a by-law of the OCSWSSW as standards of practice for its members;
- Responding to various inquiries at the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers, including drafting responses to OCSWSSW complaints that are investigated by the Complaints Committee;
- Defending social workers at formal discipline hearings before the OCSWSSW’s Discipline Committee;
- Representing social workers in OCSWSSW appeals before the Divisional Court of Ontario; and
- Advising social workers on various practice issues, such as licencing issues, OCSWSSW fitness to practice, privacy/confidentiality, and employment issues related to staff and contractors.