We Represent Lawyers
We represent lawyers regulated by the Law Society of Ontario (“LSO”) and other provincial regulatory bodies.
How We Assist Lawyers
We will assist lawyers and paralegals on various regulatory matters, including the following:
- Advising on various practice issues, such as those related to a lawyer’s initial LSO registration and entry to practice, certified specialist designation, equity/diversity, and foreign trained lawyers;
- Advising lawyers on issues related to their employment of staff and paralegals, as well as potential billing issues;
- Representing lawyers at various stages of the LSO complaints and discipline process, such as responding to an initial LSO complaint, and cooperating with an investigation in accordance with the Law Society Act;
- Representing lawyers before the Proceedings Authorization Committee;
- Defending lawyers at LSO discipline hearings;
- Advising on next steps for lawyers whose licences have been suspended or revoked; and
- Representing lawyers in LSO appeals before the Divisional Court of Ontario.