Koziebrocki Law will work with long-term care home operators in navigating regulatory issues at the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (“MOHLTC”). Our firm will assist long-term care home operators with the following regulatory issues:
- Advising long-term care home operators on compliance with relevant legislation and standards, including the Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007;
- Advising on regulatory issues that may arise with regulated health care processionals working in long-term care facilities, including physicians and nurses;
- Responding to various inquiries at the MOHLTC, including drafting responses to complaints;
- Representing long-term care home operators in appeals before the Health Services Appeal and Review Board (“HSARB”);
- Assisting long-term care home operators with licencing issues, such as licence applications at the MOHLTC and ineligibility decision appeals before the HSARB; and
- Advising long-term care home operators on various practice issues, such as Residents’ Council issues, privacy/confidentiality, and employment issues related to staff and contractors.